Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015 and My Growing Existential Crisis




Hello internet!
The year is 2015 what the hell has happened  and to be honest, I'm not really sure how I feel about it.
Sure, I finally bid farewell to university, but it's hard to not give in to my existential crisis now that I am slowly creeping to being 24.

And you know, it's not like there's nothing wrong about being 24 except that it's 1 year away from being 25 and having the infamous quarter-life-crisis, it's just that I can't shake off the feeling that I am supposed to be doing something more meaningful with my life. I mean, Hannah Hart was 23/24 when she first started My Drunk Kitchen and she was recently named as Forbes' 30 under 30.

I'll let that sink in.

Also, it's not just the existential crisis, it is also the constant struggle of choosing to do something I'm passionate about (which is yet to be known *sigh*) or this thing that I studied in uni which is slowly killing me (I am developing RSI on my wrists due to the long office hours - so I'm not exaggerating with the slowly killing me part.) I mean, you've spent 250,000+ dollars for your college education, so it makes sense to somehow put it into use, right?! Maybe not.

And now that I've made you all question your life choices (anyone?), what you should all know is that you are probably not the only one feeling the feelings you're feeling right now (so much feels.) And I don't know about you, but I hope knowing that comforts you, even by a tiny bit.

Mistakes are bound to be made and we should all see the new year as a new start. A blank paper. An empty plate. Imagine that all the mistakes, the challenges you're about to face, as well as the awesome heart-warming goodness that are waiting around the corner are the chicken and mashed potatoes and the oven-roasted veggies that you're about to pile on said plate. Each on their own will feel like it's missing something else, but together, it'll make you wonder why you don't eat them all the time (maybe because of all gymming you have to do to burn them off, amirite?) Fun fact: Pringles and chocolate work wonderfully well.

So, lets all welcome 2015 with an open heart and know that even though you're unsure of what it may hold for you, you are not on your own. Everyone is just as lost (ok, maybe not everyone - I mean look at Hannah :/) and everyone is just as worried about what they're doing. So be gentle with yourselves and set resolutions you can actually fulfil and feel good with! Do your best and we'll be back here in 2016 wondering why did we even worry in the first place.

Until next time.

Song I'm listening to: Weightless - All Time Low
If I could just find the time, then I would never let another day go by / I'm over getting old / Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year

No comments:

Post a Comment