So here they are, my resolutions for 2014:
- Take full advantage of my honours year - I've been accepted into my first choice of university, whose Psychology department is supposedly the best in Australia. It should be fairly hectic, but also fairly awesome. I intend to do more than the minimal amount of work and take advantage of being around some of the best professors I could possibly have.
- Exercise more - I should make use of the fact that there are 3 pilates centre and a gym near my apartment, plus the uni's sports centre. I've been saying for a year that I want to try Zumba. This will be the year I do; if it's not for me, I'll try something else.
- Have adventures - This could be something as standard as trying a new restaurant with friends on a Friday night rather than curling up with my laptop once in a while, or actually travel. I'm about to go back to Melbourne; there's more to see and do there than I've seen and done in the last four years.
- Take care of and feel better about myself - Healthy food, healthier habits. Also, this may be the year this girl learns that dresses and make-up are not the enemy.
- Find a job - I get so intimidated by the whole process of applying that I curl into a ball and just not try after a couple of attempts. This year, I'm going to be a little braver.
Fingers crossed I can stick to these!